Sunday 7 February 2010

Easter is on the way!

It has been so nice the last couple of days not to have to be thinking of making offerings for Valentines day & even though it's miserable, cold, dark & wet here...for the last 2 days it has hardly been light all day :-((, I've decided that Spring is on the way...it might be taking it's time, but it IS coming!!
This little, miniature version of an Easter cake by the extremely talented & imaginative Real Size cake designer, Karen Goble, took me days to make, but I really, really enjoyed doing it...it was certainly a challenge!




This little cake represents the renewal of Spring! An egg, Mallard families, butterflies & flowers all measuring 32mm at the base x 22mm to the top of the egg & is definitely OOAK as I don't think I'd have the patience (or the time!) to create it again!


9 comments:

Tabitha Corsica said...

Darling cake! I, too, hold out hope that Spring is soon to be here. I love the colors and smells of Spring...the dyed eggs, the chocolate bunnies, and the flowers.

Tabitha

Unknown said...

Your food looks amazing,and this one....just amazing!

Tiny Delights said...

Beautiful cake. Looks amazing!
Ana

Linda Carswell said...

It's always a joy to see what your latest creation is....and it is wonderful!

Linda x

Mariella said...

This is more than gorgeous!!
I'm in need of a little bit of spring too, but on tv they've said that tomorrow it will be snowing again ... booohooooo!

kimsminiatures said...

You just keep on amazing me! This little cake couldn't be any better. I love coming for a visit to your blog. Such a true JOY....Hugs~ Kim

Ana said...

I would like to have now your precious cake with a good cup of tea,outside there is a stormy day, besides this one all your sweets are precious.
Ana

miniaturista said...

Una fantástica tarta infantil que haría las delicias de cualquier fiesta de cumpleaños

marcella aka milo said...

you blew my mind with this one! the ducks are to die for :)